Consider Demolition Renovation in Calgary
So, you’ve decided to buy a home in Calgary! Maybe it’s your first. Maybe it’s your fourth. Either way there are a lot of factors to consider before you sign on the dotted line.
For example, do you buy an existing home or build from scratch?
- A new home has its advantages. Though the initial outlay may be higher for a new home, once you factor in all the repairs, maintenance and renovations you may have to do on an older home that difference can disappear quickly. Chances are a new home will also be much more energy-efficient than an older home; lowering your monthly utility bill and reducing your carbon footprint. And it won’t harbor potential health hazards like asbestos, lead paint and mold. A new home comes with a warranty, and you are almost guaranteed to sell it for a higher price when you decide to move. But best of all, the new home is built exactly to your specifications and budget. It is a pure reflection of you!
- Buying an existing home has two main advantages: cost and convenience. The initial cost of an existing home is often less than building one from scratch. It can also be more convenient in other ways—simpler buying process; shorter wait to move in and the landscaping is established. But the biggest advantage is you are more likely to find one in the neighborhood of your dreams where bare lots for building a new home are often impossible to come by.
So, you’ve found an older home for sale in the perfect neighborhood. What do you do? There is a third option—consider demolishing that older house and starting anew! Choosing demolition in Calgary and building from scratch is a great way to enjoy all the advantages of a new home and having it in the neighborhood of your dreams. It’s the best of both worlds!
Some things to consider before moving ahead with buying an old house for demolition in Calgary:
- Check the status of the house. Is it protected by a heritage listing? This will greatly limit your options in terms of what you can and can’t do with the house.
- Perhaps the house is structurally sound and there are parts of it you would like to keep. In this case, you may consider restoring some of the house and demolishing and rebuilding the rest.
- There’s nothing quite like moving into a brand-new home built exactly according to your specifications and on budget. Having it be in the neighborhood of your dreams is what buying an old house, demolishing it and building a new one can offer you. It’s worth considering!
Looking for a demolition contractor in Calgary? Give us a call Prattco Excavating. We are one of the best-equipped demolition companies in Calgary for your residential demolition and excavating needs.